Friday, December 30, 2011

Purple scarf that turned into a cowl

This project was my Christmas gift to my mom. It was supposed to be a scarf, as in this picture.


I got the pattern from this website. It was my first "intermediate" crochet pattern, and although it did take some deciphering at the beginning, I was able to figure it out without too much trouble. The pattern was really neat, it created "strawberries" up the length of the scarf in the stitches.

I was intending to make it scarf length, but this project was unfinished when my hand started hurting, so I decided to cheat and shorten it into a cowl. I liked how it turned out cowl style actually, it was starting to get too thick for a full-length scarf.


This picture you can kind of see the "strawberries."

This was a fun pattern to make, it was neat to be able to make something with more complicated stitches.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it's beautiful! I love delicate, lacey crochet like this. You did a gorgeous job--I bet she loves it!

    ReplyDelete