Sunday, December 25, 2011

Heart shaped hot pad

 (I'm writing this post now--in mid-November--but can't actually post it since it's a Christmas gift for my mom. Actually have a few projects I'm working on that I can't post about 'til after Christmas.)

I made this heart hot pad using this pattern that I found off of ravelry.com. The pattern was very clearly written and easy to follow, and I love how it turned out. Might be too cute to actually use, but that's up to my mom. I used red and white cotton yarn, so it can be used for its intended purpose. 

Note-When making crochet items that are used in the kitchen, you need to use 100% cotton yarns so they won't melt if hot things are put on them. You also need to be able to wash them at high temperatures, and acrylic yarns don't hold up well to that.






Such a cute and quick project! I love how the stitching turned out. The center was made alternating sc with dc to create the clustered look. There's probably a name for that type of stitch, but not sure what it's called.

No comments:

Post a Comment