Sunday, December 25, 2011

Magnets

I made these based on a project sheet from Craft Warehouse. They involve gluing pictures or scrapbook paper to the backs of flat glass marbles, then adding a magnet to the back. They look really cool, they magnify whatever image you use.


I discovered a flaw in the process, however. If the paper you use for the image is not very sturdy, or is very porous, when you glue the magnet to the back using E600 glue, the glue bleeds through the paper. That's what happened with these two dragonflies.


The red ones didn't have that problem as much, a little bit, but not as noticeable from far away.


This cute little doggy was made from a card, so no problems there.


Made these ones for my sister (there wouldn't be any U of O stuff at our house, in this house it's only WSU alumni stuff). I coated the back of the paper with the glue used to initially glue the paper to the marbles, it helped to create a waterproof seal that the E600 wouldn't bleed through. One of the ones I made still bled through, but these four turned out good.


Okay, I take that back, looks like they still had some issues, but I think that was more from the other glue bleeding through, instead of the E600. Might have to try using Modge Podge on the back, that should work.

No comments:

Post a Comment