Monday, January 13, 2014

A couple afghan gifts

Afghans are so much fun to make. You get to pick out the pattern, decide on the yarn colors... However, I've made a few too many for myself. Although I would really like to make us another one. I think we might have enough, I don't know, maybe we could use one more? :)

These two afghans I made were for gifts, and both were a lot of fun to make.

The first one was a new shape for me, called the "Around the Rosie" baby blanket. I was inspired by this post from my favorite crochet blogger, maybematilda.com. Instead of making it in a baby blanket size, I upped the hook size and used worsted weight yarn, which made it a much bigger afghan. I made this one for my mom for Christmas. 







The second afghan was called "Sunny Spread", which is one of my favorite patterns, and which I've also used a couple more times since this blanket. It was also featured on my favorite crochet blog on this post

I made this one for my sister-in-law. It was a fun color to work with. She requested a bright colored afghan, so bright is what I picked!! I chose to use a shell border, however, instead of what the pattern called for. 




Wow, look how little Audrey is! This was from earlier this year. 

Okay, now, who else wants an afghan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment