Monday, January 13, 2014

One of the coolest things I've ever made--a purse!!

My sister had mentioned wanting a shoulder bag for my next crochet project, so I got right on that! I used this pattern which is a highly repeated pattern on ravelry.com. I pinned it a long time ago wanting to give it a try, but hadn't yet since the sewing part of the pattern just didn't appeal to me. But after purchasing some purse straps from Joann's I decided to go for it, and it turned out not being too bad. I used this tutorial to figure out how to sew in the lining. It turned out so cute, I had a hard time giving it away :)



I made a lining using some really stiff interfacing so that it would hold up a little better. Each side on the inside of the purse has a few pockets sewn into them. I filled up the purse with some purse contents when I gave it to my sister. 

 

Madelyn wanted to model the purse, and of course Audrey wanted to get in on the picture, too.


No comments:

Post a Comment