Monday, January 13, 2014

Christmas mugs

The sharpie mug idea has been all over pinterest, and I thought it looked like a fun one to try for family gifts this year. I bought some white mugs from Big Lots and used some oil-based sharpies I already had, and used some letter stickers to write out names on each mug. I let Madelyn draw all over the mugs and trace around the letters, then took off the stickers. A quick bake in the oven, and they came out awesome!!


This is the one I made.



 


The colors turned out a little different after baking, which was weird. Blue turned to green, red turned to maroon, and yellow turned to mustard. We've used the ones we made (made a "mama" one and a "daddy" one) and ran them through the dishwasher a few times, and they seem to be holding up great.

When I gave them as gifts, I filled them with some drinks--tea packets, apple cider, and hot chocolate--then added some Mexican hot chocolate snickerdoodles and some mocha cookies (Get it? Hot chocolate and coffee cookies inside the mug? I thought that was pretty clever). Turned out pretty cute I thought :)


No comments:

Post a Comment