Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A bag and a purse

After browsing a bunch of different bag and purse patterns, the first one I attempted was kind of a made-up pattern. I made a few squares using my favorite square pattern, then attached them together. I made two big squares with the little squares, then crocheted up the sides and added straps.



It turned out a little floppy, and the straps stretched out too much, but it was a good learning experience. It doesn't hold up well to heavy items, but I've used it a few times to hold crochet projects.

I made Madelyn a little owl purse a long time ago, which she uses almost every week to put her offering in to  bring to Sabbath school. She was requesting one with a longer strap that could fit over her head "so it wouldn't fall off her shoulder." After looking through some different kid patterns, I found this pattern and decided to give it a try. Turned out super cute, and Madelyn was happy with it.



Audrey wanted to model it, too.

I altered the pattern a little bit, changing up the wings and making eyes from black yarn instead of using buttons. 


Now she just has to find some things to put in it, she's been wearing it around a lot with it empty :)

No comments:

Post a Comment