Monday, February 18, 2013

Snowman hand print ornament

This post is very late, but I just gave the last of the ornaments as gifts a couple days ago, so now I can finally post pictures of them, since they're not a surprise anymore. 

I originally got this idea from pinterest or a friend, I can't remember which, but they really turned out great.

I purchased a bunch of clear ornament balls, and some paint sharpies from the craft store. I painted Madelyn's hand white, then had her carefully grab the ornament from the bottom, making sure all her fingers were evenly pressed around the ball. Once the white paint dried, I had fun painting features on the "snowmen".

I found this little rhyme to put in with the ornaments here.


I made one for a few different family members, and saved one for us to put on our tree.


They turned out super cute. Each snowman was a little different, depending on which finger it was made from, and each ornament was a little different depending on the amount of paint on her hand, or how she grabbed it initially. 





I wrote her name and the year on the bottom, then tied red ribbon to the top so it could be hung on the tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment