Monday, February 18, 2013

Puppy dog hat

I'm pretty proud of this hat. I used the same basic pattern I've used before for the body of the hat (as in this hat and this hat), but made up the rest of it. A good friend of mine just had a little boy, so I wanted to make her a puppy dog hat. I looked online at a bunch of patterns for dog hats, but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so I just decided to make something up as I went along, and it turned out great!!


For the ears I basically just crocheted an ear shape by increasing and decreasing stitches, until I got the shape I wanted. Thankfully I wrote it down as I went along so I could duplicate it for the other side. Once I got the shape I wanted, I single crocheted all around the edges, then attached them to the top.


I only attached the ears to the hat at the very top so they would be able to be nice and floppy.

So cute! I haven't got to see it in person yet, we've all been sick and haven't been able to meet the newest addition yet, but my friend texted me a picture of her little boy wearing it, so it must have fit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment