Monday, February 18, 2013

Hat with a brim

This hat pattern is my favorite and I would say "signature" pattern. I've made five of them now, and will probably end up making more. The original pattern was found here. I have since altered and perfected it, changing things like the hook size used, the number of rows, the front embellishment, and the brim. It's such an easy pattern, but looks very professional once completed. 

The first one I made was for me. I always end up working out the kinks on a pattern on my own version, while the subsequent ones get better and better. Mine always ends up being the practice one :( After taking these pictures I went back and took out a couple rounds to make it fit a little better.



After texting a picture of my hat to my sister-in-law, she requested one, so I made her one in pink. 



We had a white elephant gift exchange with some of our friends, so I made a purple version for my contribution gift. I don't know what happened to the picture of that hat, but it was pretty in a dark purple with black buttons.

My friend Marella, who I was kind of intending the hat for with the gift exchange, didn't end up with the hat, so I made her one in black for her baby shower gift.


I also have one made in blue for another friend, but I haven't gotten to the craft store yet to purchase buttons to finish it off.

After showing my husband different etsy sites and him seeing how they are selling their hats for around $30, my husband is excited for me to maybe create a store and start selling hats. This hat pattern would definitely be one of the ones I would make, takes only about $5 in materials, and around 2-3 hours of time, easily done during nap time. We'll see, to be continued I guess...

No comments:

Post a Comment