Saturday, December 1, 2012

Hats, hats, hats...

I've been in the hat making mood lately. They are so quick and easy to make, and there are so many cute patterns available, they are kind of addicting :)

I made the two hats in this post for my mother-in-law. I liked them so much I wanted to keep them for myself, they really turned out great. 

The first one was made from this pattern. It consists of a "cloche" style hat with a wide brim and a large, multi-colored flower. I used two strands of a worsted weight yarn instead of sport weight like the pattern called for, and used a size L crochet hook in order to reach the correct gauge.


I attached the flower with safety pins so it can be removed or switched for a different colored flower.


It's SO HARD to take good, attractive pictures of a hat (and yourself) without help. This is the best I could come up with. I got tired of trying to look "good" so I just started making weird faces.


I almost like them better :)

The second hat I made from this pattern. The pattern is called "Elegant Hat'." I REALLY liked this one, and actually tried making one for myself, but the color of yarn I used the second time was awful, and it ended up being too small, so I gave it to Madelyn. It looks pretty cute on her. 


This hat has a band that was made using reverse single crochet, something I haven't tried before, with a bow attached to the band. 

Here's another "pretty" picture.


This is a good look for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment