Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Kitty hat

This hat was inspired by a hat I saw on a random little girl a couple weeks ago. I was admiring the hat, thinking it would be cute for Madelyn, so my mission became finding a similar pattern to make my own version.

I had pinned this pattern a while back, but I wanted to make a generic kitty hat, not necessarily a Hello Kitty version. Out of all the commercialized characters, Hello Kitty is one I actually like and don't mind Madelyn having things with the character on it, maybe it stems from my liking it when I was a kid.

Here is the pattern as it was supposed to be...


and here's how I changed it.


I chose to use brown instead of white, and didn't end up putting the face features on the hat. I wanted Madelyn to be the kitty, rather than a kitty plastered on her head.... 

as seen below.


 Isn't she a cute kitty?


All-in-all a fun project, and a great pattern to follow. I ended up making the ear flaps a little more off-centered than the pattern required, just to make them cover more of her ears instead of her face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment