Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Mom's birthstone necklace

I spent a lot of time on Etsy awhile ago trying to find the perfect necklace featuring the girls' birthstones. I finally narrowed it down to one that I ended up buying, but I was not really happy with it. I actually ended up buying a couple different things, and wasn't very impressed. I could have made better versions of the items I got, for much cheaper than what I paid. Oh well, live and learn I guess. 

The birthstone necklace I purchased had a pendent with two birds on it, with the girls' two birthstones hanging in front of the pendent. It just didn't look right, so I ended up taking it apart and making two different necklaces. The bird pendent I put on its own chain, and wear it plain. 

I put the two birthstone beads on a new necklace, and added a couple charms I got from Joanns.


I've always liked keys for some reason, and they're all over the place now, thanks to the steampunk craze that seems to be going around. And I really wanted the "mom" charm, but they were out, so I decided to just use "daughter." I'm a daughter, and I have daughters, so I figured it worked. 


Madelyn's birthstone is the topaz, and Audrey's is the amethyst.  


After a lot of rearranging, I'm finally happy with how it turned out. It's a fun necklace to wear with meaning behind it, I wear it all the time. Just goes to show, if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself :)


No comments:

Post a Comment