Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Flower hat

This is the first hat out of all the hats I've been making lately that I made for and decided to keep for myself. I followed this pattern but changed it a little bit. 

This is how it was supposed to look.


But this is how I ended up making it.


Instead of making it into the "cloche" style, I shortened it and made it into a beanie. It just didn't work right with it long and folded, so I added a round of single crochet around the bottom to make a smooth edge and finish it off. 


The pattern was really neat, it used a special stitch that I actually had to watch a video of to figure out how to do it. It was supposed to be somewhat of a flower pattern. Once I got the hang of it it was easy to do, and really turned out pretty.


I've already worn it a few times, kept me warm and somewhat dry at Zoolights a few weeks ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment