Sunday, November 18, 2012

Julie the jellyfish

  I recently bought this crochet book


from Joann's. I've been having a lot of fun with it, there's a ton of cute and easy patterns. I would like to make every animal, but since I couldn't pick which one to make first, I had Madelyn look through the book and pick whichever one she would like me to make. I ended up making her a narwhal, which created a discussion and learning opportunity (for her AND me) about what a narwhal is and that they are, in fact, a real animal, not just a pretend, made-up animal like I thought they were (yes, I admit it). When I was taking pictures today of recent projects I've made, I couldn't find the narwhal, he must be hiding somewhere in Madelyn's room, so I don't have a post for him yet. 

However, after making Ned the Narwhal (yes, I named them), I made him a friend.

Meet Julie.


She likes to lounge around while waiting for Ned to get done traversing the Arctic Ocean looking for food.


Don't let that cute grin fool you, her tentacles can pack a punch!




Once I find Ned I'll make a post for him, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment