Sunday, November 18, 2012

A new hat for Madelyn

Okay, it's been forever since I've updated this, but I guess that's just what happens when you have two kids. Audrey is now getting to the point where she's less needy (at least most of the time, except when she's screaming) but I now have a chance to start making things again. I've been crocheting again while the girls nap, and have been able to do a few other craft projects. It's so relaxing and rewarding to be able to spend some time on my favorite hobby again.

The weather has started to get cooler, and after going through Madelyn's hats, I realized she didn't really have any cute ones, just some that I had made on a Knifty Knitter that didn't fit very well, and some random ones she had been given as gifts. How could this be? So I got right to work making her one. I first made one according to the pattern on this Ravelry page, but alas, I crochet too tightly, and it was too small. I ended up giving it to a friend's little girl, although it looked SO CUTE on Audrey, but she instantly ripped it off-- no cute hats for Audrey this winter I guess. I tried a second time using a bigger needle and adding a few more stitches in the rounds to make it bigger. And it fit!! Yay!!

So, without further ado... here is the hat I made for her.


I got the flower pattern from here, it was pretty simple and fun to make.




I'm very happy with how it turned out, and also excited that she wears it. She likes to wear hats now, which just means I can have more fun making her ones to wear!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment