Sunday, November 18, 2012

An afghan for our living room

Finally got around to making an afghan to go in our living room. This is actually the second full-sized afghan I've made. I made one for my sister but forgot to take a picture of it (but still need to). 

The pattern came out of the book (pictured below) that I got as a Christmas gift from my mom last year.


I made the pattern called "Light and Airy Afghan".


I really like how it turned out. It has lots of detail and matches with the red and orange colors of our living room. 


The edging on the afghan was really fun.



This turned out to be a pretty good-sized afghan, the finished size was 47" x 65". The perfect size to cuddle up on the couch with.


I'll end with a close-up of the stitches. It was a fun and easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment