Monday, April 29, 2013

The swirly hat

A friend of mine requested some crocheted hats, and after asking what she was looking for, and having her pick out some colors, AND knowing her absolute favorite flower ever is a daffodil, I combined a few patterns I had pinned to create this beauty...


The hat pattern is found here while the daffodil pattern is found here



I really enjoyed the hat pattern, it was a fun and interesting pattern to make.



I attached the flower to the hat with some safety pins to give the option to wear the hat without the flower.


I liked the hat pattern so much I made myself one :)


I used a skein of multi-colored yarn that I had been saving for awhile. The colors looked really nice with the swirly pattern. I wished I could have done another round of single crochet around the bottom, but I ran out of yarn and didn't want to buy a whole skein for one row. 



Too bad it's no longer hat season, I guess I'll just have to wait till this winter to wear all my hats again.

No comments:

Post a Comment