Friday, November 18, 2011

Ruffles and Dots Blanket

This has been the longest running and biggest crochet project so far. I got the idea from Maybe Matilda and the tutorial for how to do the bobble stitch from here. I used quite a bit of yarn (I think I got up to 6 skeins) but it turned out really cute and I hope to use it with our next baby.


I used Bernat Softee Chunky yarn, which is thick but really soft. The blanket turned out pretty thick, somewhat thicker than baby blankets normally are, but it will be nice and warm.


I used a size J hook and some math to figure out how to work out the bobbles so they would all be even. The blanket ruffle was supposed to have two rows, but I went around the whole thing with a row of single crochet before I started doing the double crochet ruffling, and ended up cutting it so close with one row of ruffle (I had literally 12 inches or so of yarn left over, I didn't think I was going to make it) that I just decided to leave it at that. Besides, I think I like how it looks with just one row, another would have been too ruffly. 

This was a really fun blanket to make, it went together pretty quickly, and it was a very mindless crochet project, you didn't really have to count much, just had to look at the blanket to find out where you were.

Now I want to start on another crochet blanket... hmmm... maybe an afghan this time...

No comments:

Post a Comment