Thursday, April 7, 2011

A Springy Top

The weather has been awful lately, it's April and we had snow-like hail yesterday. What is going on? To get in the mood for spring, however, I bought some colorful fabric and some new patterns for some bright spring tops. I just finished the first one and love how it turned out.

I used Simplicity 2593


Here's how it turned out!!


I was originally going to create view A with the rolled detail around the neck, but it didn't look right, so I left it plain. I added a tie belt so it would have more of a defined waist.

I really liked this pattern. It was extremely easy to sew, and provides a good basic shape that I can use to embellish or alter in the future. I will definitely be using this pattern again. I might try the sleeves option next.

I am linking with Tea Rose Home's Link Party.





No comments:

Post a Comment