Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Elephant coat hanger

I bought this a while back at Craft Warehouse intending to decorate it for Madelyn's room. I finally got around to it today.

This is the before picture.


Madelyn dragged her rocking chair into the craft room to hang out while I worked on her elephant :)


I pulled out the pegs, then traced the elephant onto purple paper. I wanted the elephant purple, and it would have been tons easier to paint it purple, but I didn't have any purple paint.


So I painted it all green.


Then used some Mod Podge to glue the paper onto the elephant, then added an ear. I painted the knobs and re-glued them back onto the elephant.


I glued on a "saddle blanket", a button for the eye, and drew on some features.


Here it is on her wall.



And then with a couple things hanging from it.


Yay for quick and fun projects!!

I am linking with Tea Rose Home's Link Party.


1 comment: