Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Cakes!!

This is the birthday cake I made for my sister last year. I got the idea from this website.


 I decided starbursts and gummi bears wouldn't taste very good with carrot cake and cream cheese frosting, so I used marshmallows instead.

These cakes were for a couple friends' birthdays. I had a lot of fun making them. I got the ideas from this website.



This is the cake I made for Madelyn's first birthday party. It kind of was a "cake wreck", but it was my first time using homemade fondant, so it could have been worse.


I had some trouble putting the white fondant on the cake. It was hard to get it rolled big enough to drape the entire cake without it cracking. I ended up just cutting it in pieces and patchworking it together. This is the good side :)


I used tiny circle cookie cutters to cut out the different sized/colored circles, then glued them on to the cake. I also decorated the candle. The tiny pumpkin pie was for Madelyn.

No comments:

Post a Comment