Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Egg nest necklaces

I saw these on Etsy awhile back and really liked them. I was thinking about buying one, but then realized, wait, I can make that myself!!


To make the bird nests, I took three beads, put them a piece of wire, triangulated them, then just started wrapping wire around the beads. Once I got to the amount I wanted, I simply looped the wire around the sides, and made a loop at the top.

This is the first one I made. I'm keeping this one.


The second one.


And the third one. I'm giving this one to my mom (hope you like it!!). I had the hardest time matching chain to the wire I used to make the nest. I went to several different stores and could not find matching chain. This chain was from a necklace I had but took apart, which is why I ended up putting beads on the side (the existing necklace had that).


For future references, Etsy is a great place to spend forever looking for ideas.

1 comment: