Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wood Letters

I love decorating wood letters. It's another fun art project, and looks great on the walls in your home.


Materials required:
Unfinished wood letters
Paper and/or embellishments
Paint
Mod Podge

I made these for my little girl's bedroom. It took me awhile to find letters in the shape and size I wanted them (and at a price I could afford), but these I finally purchased from Michaels.


I painted them each different colors, then used a stencil to cut out different sized circles. Once I had the circles all arranged how I wanted them, I used some Mod Podge to glue them all down and give them a shiny finish.

These letters are in my beach themed craft/guest room. Can't remember where I got them, either Michael's or Craft Warehouse.


I spray painted them all a beige color, then used different colored paper to cover parts of the letters. I traced the parts of the letters I wanted to cover onto the paper, then cut them out and glued them on using more Mod Podge. Once I had the letters covered in paper the way I wanted them, I hot glued some shells to the bottom of each letter.

Decorated wood letters are always fun, craft stores are always displaying different ways of using them. The hardest part is hanging them on the wall. Make sure you know how you're going to hang them before you get too far.

No comments:

Post a Comment