Monday, October 3, 2011

Time-Out Cowl

I finally finished my cowl for the crochet along featured on Maybe Matilda. I had the length finished for awhile, but today finally sewed it together into a loop. I made a few adjustments to the pattern. Instead of making it a straight loop, I created a twist so it would lie nicely crossed on my neck. I also didn't do the full 52 inches. I really wanted to keep going since I had more yarn and was really enjoying crocheting, but it would have been too long, and I never would have worn it.

Here's how it turned out. I LOVE the yarn color. I really liked how the different colors went together so nicely and gave it a patterned look.

Man, I hate taking pictures of myself. Oh well, these are the best I could do by myself with a camera and the bathroom mirror.


Showing off my 21 week baby bump :)

I actually love it!! I wasn't too excited about the prospect of a cowl (whenever I told people I was making one, I had to explain it, I actually didn't know what it was myself). But I like how it's a loop, so you can wear it pretty much like a scarf but don't have to worry about the pesky ends getting caught in things... i.e. your jacket zipper, the door, your kid :) Excited to wear this once it gets to be scarf (or cowl) season.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love your cowl! And I love your cute baby bump . . . and your adorable curly hair! There are a lot of things I'm liking about these pictures, obviously :-) Anyway, you did a great job--thanks so much for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) And thank YOU so much for doing this!! I love how you are so helpful and quick to explain things and answer questions. I know how to crochet now!! This will NOT be my last project :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Preciosa y su bebe estará calentito.
    Un saludo.

    ReplyDelete