Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Amigurumi Crocheted Bunny

Okay, I'm addicted to crocheting. Ever since learning how during the crochet-along put on by Maybe Matilda, I've loved it. Last night I even had dreams about crocheting. Okay, maybe that's a little odd, but I'm pregnant and my dreams are extra weird, and I was crocheting all evening...

ANYWAY, my second finished project was this bunny. I love crocheted animals, and amigurumi (I'ved discovered) is a practice of crocheting little animals. Lion Brand has a bunch of free crochet patterns (actually where the time out cowl pattern came from) many of them amigurumi animals. Being my second crochet project ever, I was a little concerned about how hard making an actual bunny would be. When I would knit, all I could make were scarves. But the instructions said easy so I printed them out and went ahead. Since I had learned how to decipher patterns through the crochet-along, it wasn't actually that hard. Once I learned how to crochet a round, everything else was pretty straightforward. I used this pattern, but added a bow and skipped adding a mouth and nose (I tried, but it just didn't look right).


I love it! So cute! Madelyn really likes it too. And she had total confidence in my abilities while I was making it :) I kept telling her I was making a bunny, even before it had and arms, legs, or ears attached, and she kept pointing at it and saying "make a bunny" even when it looked more like a fat snake. 


I have at least four more crochet projects in the works... a hat for Madelyn, a hat for baby, a baby blanket, and an amigurumi giraffe.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog, it's so sweet. Is learning to crochet really as easy as everyone says? I can't believe this is only the second thing you've made! I know several little girls who would LOVE this little bunny, I totally need to learn my way round a crochet hook =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for visiting my blog :) Crocheting is actually not that hard at all, and you can learn online if you can follow instructions. Check out Maybe Matilda (the link is in the post) she did an awesome tutorial on the basics of crocheting, and the best part, how to read patterns!! That was always what I was really confused about.

    ReplyDelete