Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Dress for Madelyn

I bought this pattern during a 99 cent Simplicity pattern sale at Joann's awhile back.


I got the fabric on clearance at Craft Warehouse. Yesterday I finally got the chance (and motivation) to put it together. I was very happy with how it turned out. I'm still not sure how the sizing for kids go, I made this one in size 1, and even took it in a little on the sides, but it still turned out pretty big. Oh well, at least she can wear it for awhile.


I hadn't intended to make the dress with the ruffles on the neck and sleeves, but I didn't follow the directions correctly and made them anyway. But I'm glad I did, because I like how they turned out.


I love the back view with the tiers of the dress. I just might have to make another one of these, or another variant of the pattern. It was pretty easy, and I only had to use my seam ripper once!!  

2 comments: