Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dress for friends' wedding

Madelyn was in our friends' wedding this last weekend. All the little girls (there were 6 girls, 8 kids all together) were supposed to wear a white dress with a blue ribbon around the waist. I bought this dress off of eBay, and did some altering.


I took off the pink bow, which was sewn into the side of the seam. Once I took it out, I had to sew it back up. I used my seam ripper to take off the pink ruffle along the bottom, then hemmed the layer. I wrapped the blue ribbon around the waist and sewed it onto the sides of the new dress, and tied it into a bow in the back.


I might leave the ribbon on, I like the blue and white combination, or I might end up changing it if Madelyn wears this for my sister's wedding.

No comments:

Post a Comment