Thursday, September 8, 2011

A new project!!

Okay dad... this one's for YOU!!

Since I found out I was pregnant (4 months ago now), I haven't been doing much crafting-wise. Chalk that up to feeling exhausted and nauseous all day long. But now that I'm going into my fifth month, things are going better. I actually made something the other day (I'll make a post on it soon) and just decided today that I'm going to participate in the crochet-along from Maybe Matilda (a fun and quirky blog I follow). She's going to go through step-by-step instructions on how to crochet a pattern, then once you're done, you get a free pattern from her etsy store, and if it's really good and others vote on your project, you win some other cool patterns. So, here we go with crocheting!! I've knitted before (only able to make scarfs though, or hats and blankets on the knifty knitter... hmmm... maybe I can create some posts about those projects) but have never really been able to read patterns. The crochet-along is supposed to teach you how to do that.  

So here's the button/link to her site.

This is what we are making.


The project I voted on didn't win, but oh well, all the projects were free patterns online, so if I figure out how to read patterns, hopefully I can make the one I wanted to make anyway!!

No comments:

Post a Comment