Monday, February 7, 2011

Mei Tai Baby Carrier

A friend of mine purchased one of these styles of baby carriers online and used it with their first child. I loved the idea of "wearing" your baby, for both the convenience factor and the benefits for the baby. I purchased a Moby wrap, but wasn't really a fan of it. It always felt too loose, and was a pain to put on. I looked up some of the Mei Tai style carriers, but to purchase them, you would have to pay upwards of $100. After perusing the Internet, I found this tutorial. The materials for the one I made were only around $30, and it wasn't that difficult to make. I also got to pick out my own colors, and make some custom adjustments.


This is a picture of me awhile back wearing the carrier. The Mei Tai consists of a panel in front where the baby sits, with one set of straps that tie around your waist, and one set that goes over your shoulders, cross in the back, goes around the front, then ties in back. It takes a little bit of practice, but is much easier to use than the Moby. I loved this carrier, it was a life saver. It enables you to walk around and get stuff done while your baby is close to you, and you have your hands free!! Madelyn loved to sleep in it, the constant movement is very soothing to new babies. I would highly reccomend this style of carrier to any new mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment